This week is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week. It is important to remember that badly fitted or poorly serviced gas appliances are very dangerous, and can kill you if not repaired.

If you are living in a rented property, make sure your landlord has had the gas checked in your property in the last year. There should be a sticker on your boiler to confirm that. If not, demand to see the gas safety record.

The landlord’s buildings insurance won’t be valid unless a Gas Safe registered engineer has given your appliances the OK in the last 12 months.

If you have any problems, or need support with any housing or landlord problems, please get in touch with me or Jenny Rathbone, Assembly Member:

Email Jo Stevens

Email Jenny Rathbone

For more information about Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, visit theĀ Carbon Monoxide Awareness website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>