Do you want to transform your community for the better? Do you want to tell the people in charge of your city what you want to change?
UpRising is a national youth leadership development charity.
Following a pilot programme in Cardiff in 2016, thanks to partnership funding from Cardiff Council, BBC Cymru Wales, Cardiff University and University of South Wales, they are now able to roll out the full nine month Leadership Programme for up to 45 young people aged 19-25 per year for two years in the City, starting this October.
The free to attend programme is aimed at participants from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds (be that race, gender, sexuality, economic etc), and follows a structured curriculum covering a variety of subjects such as Leadership, Media, Politics and Policies held at a weekly evening session. Speakers from all industries and backgrounds give their time to speak to the participants and participants are matched with mentors at the end of the programme.
Recruitment for the Cardiff Leadership Programme is now open and they have already received a number of online expressions of interest.
For one evening every other week for nine months, starting this October, alongside 40 like-minded future leaders, you will:
– Get to know top UK leaders and discover how they make decisions that affect you.
– Meet the campaigners and organisations fighting for social change and learn first-hand how they do it.
– Create your own social action campaign to make a difference on the issue you care about most.
– Attend hands-on workshops, such as networking, leading teams, media training and more.
– Receive one-to-one support from a personal coach and a professional mentor.
If you’re aged 19-25, live, work or study in Cardiff, and you’re passionate about making your mark in your city, then why not apply?