I’m looking for an enthusiastic and organised Constituency Assistant to support community engagement, casework and administration in my constituency office in Cardiff Central.
The Job Description will include:
- Organising and attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Support and help to organise community engagement projects and events
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Professional attitude and good customer service skills
- Some experience of organising events, working with community groups or dealing with casework
- Interest in, and understanding of, politics and current affairs
- Understanding of the role of an MP in the community
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
As I am a newly-elected MP, this role will initially be a fixed-term contract to 31st December 2015.
Salary: £17-19k, depending on experience
Closing Date: 10th August, 12 noon
Interviews: 13th August
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply:
Please apply with a concise CV and covering letter, detailing why you are interested in the role and how you fulfill the person specification.
Send your application to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 10th August, with the subject line Constituency Assistant Application.
Upon appointment the successful candidate will be required to comply with a Baseline Personnel Security Standard check.