Power Up! is a partnership between Western Power Distribution, our local electricity network, and the Energy Saving Trust.
Their main aim is to help those who could be potentially vulnerable in the event of a power cut across South and Mid Wales to save money and keep warm.
They can offer a range of income, tariff and energy efficiency support and advice to help you save energy and money off your energy bills.
Power Up! can be contacted on 0808 808 2274 or WPDpowerup@est.org.uk
How can they help?
An experienced Power Up! Advisor can assist you with the following:
• Free and impartial advice on getting the best deal, no matter who supplies
gas or electricity to your home
• Benefits check – are you getting all that you’re entitled to?
• Energy saving advice for a warm and healthy home and affordable bills
• Gas and electricity use reduction, finding a better tariff or switching suppliers
• Referrals to schemes offering grant funded cavity wall and loft insulation,
and advice on replacing old, inefficient boilers
• Advice on managing your money and any debts you may have, including
getting you help from specialist debt advice services
• A home visit service if you find it easier to speak to someone in person.
Here are some simple changes you can make to save energy now: