Are you a small charity with a big idea to help the most vulnerable people in the world? If you are, a new and exciting opportunity has opened for small charities in Cardiff.
The Department for International Development has opened for applications to the next round of the Small Charities Challenge Fund until 17.00 on March 28th and it would be great to see Cardiff charities applying.
To apply you need to be;
- A UK registered Charity
- Have an annual income of less than £250,000
- Have an idea to help the poorest people in the 50 most vulnerable countries in the world, a full list can be found here
The grants available are of up to £50,000 for a period of up to two years and the projects supported so far have included; bee keeping in Ethiopia, inclusion in Bangladesh and girls’ education in Somaliland but anything that helps to meet one of the 17 development goals can be considered, the goals can be found here.
To apply you only need to submit one form, and you’re application will be assessed on the following criteria;
- A good understanding and analysis of the need and context
- Strength and relevance of the proposed approach
- Approach to working with other stakeholders
- Proposed results and impact
- Approach to monitoring and evaluation, value for money and sustainability
- Budget and approach to risk
For more information and an application form please go to UK Direct Aid website here.