Below is useful information about the next steps in the programme of regeneration taking place in Llanedeyrn. The update is separated into three sections, with the next steps of each aspect of work detailed below.
If you require any further information about the redevelopment or any changes that will be in place during the regeneration work, please don’t hesitate to contact me using email@example.com.
- Phase 1 demolition (southern wing, plus former library) is programmed to start in February
- Community engagement event by Jehu to be held in January 2017, publicising phasing, timescales and access arrangements.
- Temporary footpath diversion work. All access to the Maelfa shops and flats will be from the northern (Powerhouse) end. Routes will be publicised in advance and sign-posted.
- Temporary relocation of inward-bound bus stop – to be discussed with bus operators.
- Construction start by Persimmon Homes in January.
- Closure and infilling of Roundwood underpass.
- Agreement on Heads of Terms for leases of other new retail units.
- Demolition of Family Centre. Agreement on disposal to Persimmon Homes
- Programme of works runs to May, 17.
- Hoarding art project involving Springwood Primary.
- Finalisation of lease with Police and Crime Commissioner for first-floor accommodation.
Maelfa High Rise Refurbishment:
- Planning permission for refurbishment works granted in October.
- Detailed design and specifications being prepared for tender package.
- Heads of Terms agreed with Churches Together for ground-floor community unit.
- Phasing and sequencing of interface works between tower-block and main redevelopment scheme being investigated.
- Discussions with telecom operators on roof-scape works.
- Issue of tender invites to contractors on SEWSCAP framework.
- Projected site start summer, 17, subject to contractor appointment.