On Friday 11th December I visited Royal Mail’s Cardiff Delivery Office to meet local postal workers – including Colin who delivers the post to my office.
The festive season is Royal Mail’s busiest time of the year. I had a tour of the delivery office and saw the hard work of local postal workers who sort and deliver the festive mail.
There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas at Royal Mail’s busiest time of year. It was great to meet the team here at Cardiff. Our postal workers do such an important job at this time of year and I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.
Royal Mail are reminding customers that it is important to use the postcode to make sure your post reaches the right place as quickly as possible.
The last recommended posting dates for Christmas are:
- Second Class – Saturday 19th December 2015
- First Class – Monday 21st December 2015
- Special Delivery – Wednesday 23rd December 2015
You can also help Royal Mail ensure that all your letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address.