Jo Stevens MP is looking for a caseworker to work 4 days a week for her busy constituency office in Cardiff Central. There is flexibility about whether the hours are worked over 4 or 5 days.
Salary: Dependent on experience, in line with IPSA payscales
- Deal with casework queries from members of the public
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Prepare responses to constituents
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Liaise with government and other agencies to resolve cases
- Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with data protection laws
- Some experience or understanding of casework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills, time management skills and a methodical approach to record keeping
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Interest in current affairs and sympathy with Labour Party aims and values
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
5pm Sunday 2nd December
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on either Thursday 6th or Friday 7th December at the constituency office in Cardiff Central.
As soon as possible
How to apply:
To apply, please write a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and the reasons why you believe you are suitable for the position (of no more than 2 sides of A4), together with a CV.
Please also enclose the contact details (including telephone number) of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.
Applications should be sent no later than 5pm Sunday 2nd December to firstname.lastname@example.org